Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Frustration with the Red Planet

Finals are, in fact, over, so I can re-prioritize this. The first thing I did in catching up on the astronomy news I missed in the last week or two was checking up on the Mars rover.

I didn't want to sound like a spoiled child. But come on, there's been no real data released since that measly little announcement at the conference at the beginning of December! Curiosity's been "investigating" rocks, taking photos, sniffing the air, and digging around for over five months. It would be really nice to have heard more than "we didn't expect the wind to blow in this direction" and "oh look, more chlorates."

Short post tonight, just venting the frustration. I know they have to sift their own data for some time, but after this long I would've expected we'd at least have whatever new info they've gleaned from the first on-the-ground photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment